How to reach KEK
1-1 Oho, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0801 Japan
From Narita International Airport
- The simplest yet most expensive way to come to KEK from Narita Airport is to take a taxi. It would cost you approximately 18,000 yen. Please note that KEK is known to locals as "Koh-eh-nel-ghi ken-cue-kikoh" in Tsukuba city and NOT as "KEK". It will take approximately an hour and a half.
- You may take an airport bus called "Airport Liner - NATT'S" to Tsukuba Center Bus terminal which is approximately 10 km south of KEK. The bus stop is located right outside of Narita Airport terminal. Tickets from Narita Airport to Tsukuba-center bus terminal are available at the Keisei Bus ticket counter located in the arrival lobby. The fare is 2,540 yen for an adult, and 1,270 yen for a child. Bus stop number is #8 at Terminal-1, and #10 at Terminal-2, as of Jun 2006. Check the latest information at the ticket counter before you go outside of the lobby. The bus is bound for "Tsuchiura Station" .
- For return to Narita, NATT'S ticket can be purchased not only at Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal but also at KEK Grocery.)
From Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal to KEK
Tsukuba-city's community bus called Tsuku-Bus (Hokubu-Shuttle-Bus route ) stops at the bus-stop in front of KEK. There are three bus stops form Tsukuba Center bus terminal to KEK (Koh-eh-nel-ghi ken-cue-kikoh) bus stop.
The fare is 300 yen. Detail is posted on
Kantetsu buses also depart from Tsukuba Center to KEK (Koh-eh-nel-ghi ken-cue-kikoh), they are for "Technopark Oho", and for "Shimotsuma Station" (shi-mo-tsu-ma-eh-ki).
The fare is 430 yen. Detail is posted on
When you take a Taxi from Tsukuba Center, fare will be about 3,000yen.
There are several ways to come to KEK from Tokyo.
- TRAIN :
- Take JR Yamanote line to Akihabara terminal and find out a sign "TX" for Tsukuba Express, located deep underground at the east side of the Akihabara station. It takes about 5 miniutes from JR to TX on foot.
From TX Akihabara station, buy a ticket to Tsukuba station. It will take 45 minutes by Rapid, 52 minutes by Semi-Rapid, and 57 minutes by Local train. Take the exit A4 to Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal, and see the section above.
- There is a highway bus service from Tokyo JR Train station to Tsukuba Center. The bus stop is located at the south end of Yaesu-side exit from the train station (* JR : Japan Railway). Tickets are available at the vending machine at the Tokyo station, inside the building. It takes about 60 minutes to Tsukuba Center. From there to KEK, see the section above.
2-4 Shirane Shirakata, Tokai-mura, Naka-gun, Ibaraki 319-1195, Japan
Tokai campus Access map is here